Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ingredient lists that look like chicken scratch

From the counter top to the fridge, from the notebook in my computer bag to the dashboard of my car, and on the back of my AT&T bill are ingredient lists for recipes.




My tiny kitchen in my tiny apartment is getting overworked. I am getting overworked. By the time I've eaten dinner and attacked my kitchen there's just not enough fuel left in the tank to formulate recipes or write concise sentences. Wait-- who am I kidding? I never write concise sentences.


Me having a blog is supposed to be a place to store all of these things but by the time I've written them down and eaten my meal and loaded my dishwasher and had a beer it's the farthest thing from my mind. I need someone that takes good dictation.  I need 2 more hours a day to spend compiling updates and writing my drunk cooking PSA's and coming up with all of the other one-off subjects I want to discuss here. The cooking isn't the issue. I cook all the time regardless of whether I write about it or not. I have cooked chili, curry, Mexican, vegan, vegetarian, Italian, and good old-fashioned American in the last week. There's no rhyme or reason for cooking specific types of food in my house. There's just a fridge that needs cleaning and a pan I just rinsed out.

Maybe I should photograph all of this chicken scratch and do a photo montage of various recipe ingredient lists. Or, I can show you how I cook what I cook. Put my recipe for what I cooked between the 2 or 3 dishes I used as ideas for my dinner.

Lets just suffice it to say that I need more time in the day. I'd love to tell you about chili and dinner rolls and cheesy corn stuffed cornbread but I need more time. More time Or a secretary. Alright I'm rehashing previous paragraphs so I'm moving on.

If there's something you'd like me to cook

If there's a cooking question you'd like to ask

If you want me to cook you dinner

If you want a recipe from a picture you saw on facebook


Don't be shy to ask me about it/for it. That might motivate me to get it posted and put it up here for you and a few other people to read.

and I sware, muh hand ta gawd... I'm posting more recipes this week.

1 comment: