Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cooking and blogging and living and all that other shit I don't have time for:

It's November? When did that happen? Somehow my personal life got a little crazy, my work life got a little hectic, and I went on a pretty crazy drinking spree.

Question and Answer with myself:

Have I been cooking? Yes. Often. I am taking the helm with family thanksgiving and planning a French themed dinner for the girl I've been dating. Lots of fun stuff. Oh, and there was a Chili Cook-Off on Sunday I entered.

Why aren't you writing any of this in your blog? I'm weird with the writing. It's not like Facebook or Twitter or any of that bullshit because I want to devote some time to it. Those social networking things exist as time wasters and I've been spending my time wasting it on FB and not on writing all the recipes for the awesome food I've been cooking.

Can you give us a Sports Center type highlight reel of some of your recent dishes? Why, yes. I'd be happy to.  Hangover annihilator chili:

1. chili paste from dried chili peppers, ground pork, bacon, tri tip, and short ribs.
2. Quick curry. Frozen shrimp simmered in a coconut milk and curry mix. I made it over rice and over ramen. ( i even did a Vegan version)
3. Speaking of Vegan I've got the Portabello tacos pretty squared away.
4. Rocked Out a family dinner w/ Grilled & Broiled Salmon, Rosemary Orzo, and a fresh parsley and roasted cherry tomato salad
5. Chipotle nachos likeamotherfucker. They're awesome. There are pics everywhere.
6. Braised chicken thighs in a white wine sauce w/ wilted kale (need I say more?)

there's a few of the better dishes I've been meaning to write about. Notable mention to the pulled it out of thin air strawberry bread pudding and the mini cornbread muffins with the duck fat oiled muffin pan. Yum.

Vacation, kickball, birthdays, broken down cars, bosses leaving work, work trips, etc.

I'm in this for the long haul. Whether I write here or not I'm storing it in my head and planning on ways to get it out.

I think I've got some fun food stuff coming up. Look for pictures on my facebook fan page for Bastard Chef and back here. I'm going to try and update this at least every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment